Home | Medical-Newswire.Com:
(Medical-NewsWire.com, December 24, 2019 ) Market Overview
The Global Peptide Therapeutics market was valued at USD YY million in 2018 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% to reach a market value of USD YY million by 2026.
Peptides are a unique class of pharmaceutical compounds, molecularly poised between small molecules and proteins, yet biochemically and therapeutically distinct from both. Peptides are known for being highly selective and effective and, at the same time, relatively safe and well accepted. They are receiving growing interest as clinical therapeutics. These extremely tunable molecules can be personalized to achieve desirable biodegradability and biocompatibility while concurrently being potent and have selective therapeutic effects. Since the advent of insulin therapy, peptide therapeutics have played a notable role in medical practice, and several peptide drugs mostly are ‘replacement therapies’ that add back or supplement peptide hormones in cases where endogenous levels are inadequate or absent.
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/peptide-therapeutics-market
The global market for the Peptide Therapeutics Market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of infectious diseases, cancer and metabolic diseases such as obesity, diabetes and osteoporosis, coupled with the growing demand for effective drugs. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2017, approximately 425 million adults (20-79 years) were living with diabetes worldwide and by 2045 is expected to project to 629 million. Moreover, the growing focus of market player on R&D activities, presence of strong product pipeline, raising awareness on peptide therapeutics and favorable government reimbursement policies is expected to boost the market further. For instance, in January 2019, Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company, announced positive results from cohort 1 of its Phase 2/3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study (iNO-PF) of INOpulse for the treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension associated with Interstitial Lung Disease.
However, the stringent regulations and the complexity in manufacturing of the peptides may hinder market progress.
By technology, the peptide therapeutics market is segmented into Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis (SPPS), Liquid Phase Peptide Synthesis (LPPS), and Hybrid Phase Peptide Synthesis (HPPS). LPPS holds a substantial market segment as there is an increasing demand for pure peptides in the development of therapeutics. However, the need for faster and effective methods of synthesis has shifted the consumer preference to SPPS. Moreover, SPPS can be used in a wide range of production procedures and enhanced control over physiochemical properties of peptides, which is expected to drive its market further.
By type, the peptide therapeutics market is bifurcated into patented and generic. The patented peptides hold the most significant market share is owing to their high prescription rate and rising investments by large pharmaceuticals in R&D of novel drugs. However, expiring of patents of many branded drugs is expected to give generic peptides market a profitable growth as generic players can enter the market with low-cost alternatives for popular drugs.
By application, the peptide therapeutics market is segmented into Cancer, Cardiovascular Diseases, Metabolic Diseases, Central Nervous System Disorders, Respiratory Diseases, Infectious Diseases, and Others. The Cancer segment holds the most significant market share due to its rising prevalence coupled with rising public awareness regarding peptide therapeutics, high disease diagnosis rate, and supportive government policies. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) , the global cancer burden is estimated to have risen to 18.1 million new cases and 9.6 million deaths in 2018. One in five men and one in six women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime. Moreover, increasing investments in R&D by crucial market layers are expected to propel the market. For instance, in May 2019, AMAL Therapeutics, a Swiss biotech developing novel, peptide-based therapeutic cancer vaccines, entered into a collaborative agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim. Metabolic Diseases segment is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment, attributing to its growing prevalence along with the increasing geriatric population and the presence of strong product pipeline. For instance, In May 2019, CohBar, Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company developing mitochondria based therapeutics (MBTs) to treat age-related diseases and extend healthy lifespan, announced that it has concluded its recent discussions with the FDA and will be resuming its Phase 1a/1b clinical trial of CB4211, its lead MBT candidate under development for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and obesity.
North America accounts for the largest share in the global Peptide Therapeutics market. This can be mainly attributed to factors such as increasing awareness among the public regarding therapeutic treatment developments, the high acceptance and adoption of innovative products and technologies by patients and medical practitioners. Moreover, the advanced regional healthcare infrastructure, its broad base of the patient population, well-established reimbursement policies, and high investment in R&D activities by the key players locally are likely to boost the North America peptide therapeutics market growth. For instance, according to the estimates of the American Cancer Society, in 2018, there were 1,735,350 new cancer cases diagnosed and 609,640 cancer deaths in the United States. In 2019, there will be an estimated 1,762,450 new cancer cases diagnosed and 606,880 cancer deaths in the United States. In May 2019, Sentia was awarded a Phase II small business innovation research (SBIR) grant from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) of approximately $1.8 million to support the development of astressins for the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Astressins are potent and long-acting peptide antagonists of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptors 1 and 2.
• Adopting merger and acquisitions policies, and regional expansion to help key market players to stand out as strong competitors in the Peptide Therapeutics market. To increase user base and improve their Peptide Therapeutics market presence, companies are increasingly launching new, innovative products and have a strong pipeline.
• Major Players in the global Peptide Therapeutics market include Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical, F. Hoffman-La Roche AG, and GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
• In May 2019, US biotech Nimble Therapeutics announced it is operating as a standalone business after spinning out from Roche, focusing on drug R&D based around peptides.
• In May 2019, AMAL Therapeutics, a Swiss biotech developing novel, peptide-based therapeutic cancer vaccines, announces that it has entered into a collaborative agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim. AMAL will conduct an international Phase Ib clinical study, referred to as KISIMA-01, to evaluate the combination of its lead candidate, ATP128, with Boehringer Ingelheim’s anti-PD1 compound, BI754091, in Microsatellite Stable (MSS) patients with stage IV colorectal cancer.
• In March 2019, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Zealand Pharma A/S announced a collaboration to discover and develop novel peptide therapies for complement-mediated diseases.
• In January 2019, PeptiDream Inc., a public Kanagawa-based biopharmaceutical company announced that it has entered into a multi-program collaborative research agreement with Osaka-based Shionogi & Co., Ltd for the discovery and development of a series of blood-brain barrier (BBB) penetrating peptide drug-conjugates (PDCs).
• In December 2018, Neurelis, Inc. announced the acquisition of Aegis Therapeutics, a San Diego-based drug delivery technology company. Aegis Therapeutics’ proprietary portfolio includes Intravail, ProTek and Hydrogel, three non-invasive drug delivery and stabilization technologies applicable to a wide range of molecules including therapeutic proteins, peptides, non-peptide macromolecules, and small molecules.
• In November 2018, DNAtrix and Valo Therapeutics announced an exclusive R&D collaboration to develop enhanced vaccines using DNAtrix’s clinical stage viruses and Valo’s proprietary antigenic peptide technology.
• The global market for the Peptide Therapeutics Market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of infectious diseases, cancer and metabolic diseases such as obesity, diabetes & osteoporosis, coupled with the growing demand for effective drugs.
• The Cancer segment holds the most significant market share due to its rising prevalence coupled with rising public awareness regarding peptide therapeutics, high disease diagnosis rate, and supportive government policies. LPPS holds a substantial market segment as there is an increasing demand for pure peptides in the development of therapeutics.
• North America accounts for the largest share in the global Peptide Therapeutics market. This can be mainly attributed to factors such as increasing awareness among the public regarding therapeutic treatment developments, the high acceptance and adoption of innovative products and technologies by patients and medical practitioners.
• Adopting merger and acquisitions policies, and regional expansion to help key market players to stand out as strong competitors in the Peptide Therapeutics market. For instance, in November 2018, DNAtrix and Valo Therapeutics announced an exclusive R&D collaboration to develop enhanced vaccines using DNAtrix’s clinical stage viruses and Valo’s proprietary antigenic peptide technology.
View full report: https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/peptide-therapeutics-market
Enquiry before buying: https://www.datamintelligence.com/enquiry/peptide-therapeutics-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at DataM Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866