Home | Medical-Newswire.Com:
(Medical-NewsWire.com, June 16, 2017 ) Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) is an auto-immune-related bleeding disorder characterized by a low platelet count. Patients with severe ITP often experience fatigue, bruising, and reduced quality of life. Although most ITP cases are not fatal, approximately 3% of chronic refractory ITP patients die of complications, such as intracranial hemorrhage and infection. Most of the ITP treatments available are off-label drugs. In 2008, a class of new drug, the thrombopoietin receptor agonists (TRAs) , was approved and revolutionized the treatment of ITP.
Publisher estimates the 2015 sales for ITP at approximately $928m across the 7MM covered in this report. The market is expected to grow modestly to $985m in 2025, at a CAGR of 0.6%. This growth will be mainly driven by the increasing uptake of TRAs, Amgen/Kirin's Nplate/Romiplate (romiplostim) and Novartis' Promacta/Revolade (eltrombopag) . However, Publisher expects, starting in 2022, Nplate and Promacta will face patent expiry and subsequent biosimilar/generic erosion; this represents the strongest barrier of ITP market growth.
For more information about this report: http://www.reportsweb.com/opportunityanalyzer-immune-thrombocytopenia-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2025
The ITP pipeline activity is weak, with only one active late-stage pipeline agent, Rigel Pharmaceuticals' fostamatinib; however, Publisher expects this drug to struggle for uptake because of the modest efficacy shown in its pivotal trials. Overall, the treatment landscape of ITP is not anticipated to substantially change throughout the forecast period of 2015-2025.
- Overview of ITP, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized ITP therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments (including pediatric, adult primary, and adult secondary) , forecast from 2015 to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the ITP therapeutics market
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for ITP therapy. The most promising candidate in Phase III development is profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ITP therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Request Sample Copy at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW0001835626/sample
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ITP therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ITP therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Kyowa Hakko Kirin
Merck & Co.
Inquire for Report at http://www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW0001835626/buying